Bakewell tart is one of my favourite deserts ever. After trying to defrost the freezer for nearly 10 years, as a house we have decided to commit to using up anything in it. What to do with a whole pot of frozen raspberries? Bakewell tart. The recipe is super easy and in a food processor takes about 5 minutes.
140g ground almonds
140g butter, softened
140g golden caster sugar
140g self-raising flour
Flaked almonds to decorate
Icing sugar to decorate
1. Heat oven to 180degrees and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
2. Add the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs into a food processor and mix until well combined.
3. Put half the mix into the tin and spread out, then add the raspberries. Spread the remaining cake mixture on top of the raspberries to ensure they are fully covered.
4. Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 50 mins until golden.
5. Cool, remove from the tin and eat.